indieandchichomeabout-meshopfriendsportfoliocontactphoto1photo2photo3photo4photo5

April 11, 2012

branching out

The last few months I've wanted to do something more with my shop. I've wanted a more personal connection with my customers than just the internet. I've wanted to be more local and part of a community. Yesterday on the treadmill I had an amazing brainstorm session that then led to a phone call with my mom.

Hours later I had a list of things to accomplish in the next 14 days before I head back to Alabama. I'm going to really push to get my Indie & Chic line into some local clothing stores in my hometown. Which means coming up with wholesale pricing, order forms and creative ways to show all my items without bringing my whole entire to my client. Lots going on in my head and it's great to have a challenge, something to work towards.

I've also been toying with doing some home parties at a local college back home. I'm hoping to work with some sororities on ways Indie & Chic can be a part of events like rush week, special events and formals. I believe creating relationships with customers is the single most important (and my favorite) part of running a business. It's the little things like an e-mail telling you how much they love their earrings, that make running Indie & Chic so rewarding. I'm very excited for the next step and I'm hoping things will fall into place.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice please e-mail me :)

2 comments:

  1. Oooh this is really exciting news! That's such a great idea to do some home parties & stuff like that. Good luck with everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news! Good luck girl!

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    PS, I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete