indieandchichomeabout-meshopfriendsportfoliocontactphoto1photo2photo3photo4photo5

July 15, 2013

She's Awake

Sunday morning was the day we had all been waiting for, Mrs. Jo woke up!! They took out her breathing tube around 9:30am and from that moment on she was showered with love and information. She woke up asking for a kiss from her husband, which was about the sweetest thing in the world. I've never been so relieved in my life and seeing Rob smile again was the icing on the cake.

Today she took her first steps post op and she's not messing around about getting out of that hospital bed. I'm so proud of the fight she made to stay here with us and I'm glad we all get to help her with the next stage of recovery. The weight of the world has been lifted off all our shoulders and it's so good to have her back.

It's times like these where you realize how important relationships are and how kind hearted everyone can be. I'm so grateful for all of her friends and our friends who showered us with love and food. I need to remember it's the little things that mean the most in trying times. Much love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment