indieandchichomeabout-meshopfriendsportfoliocontactphoto1photo2photo3photo4photo5

April 10, 2013

the little things.


Lately it's been the little things. Making it to an early gym class, spending an hour or two working in the yard, or reorganizing our closet. We've been making an effort to stay home as we prepare for our summer travels. We don't owe any money to anyone and we have promised to keep it that way (well maybe until we buy a home). I also don't want to touch my savings, and so we've been trying to find ways to keep ourselves entertained. Some days it's hard. I don't want to cook or Lululemon is having a sale, but usually I can rein it in and keep my eyes on the prize.

Here is what we have planned for the summer, travel wise:

Memoria Day we are driving to D.C. to visit our very amazing friend Andrew. He started as Rob's childhood friend, but I claim him now as well. He is good people. I'm so excited because I've never been to D.C. We saved half of Rob's tax refund for the trip and I'm 100% that we won't spend over that.

August 8th-11th we are flying to Vancouver B.C. for the 2nd Annual Lululemon Half Marathon. We signed up the day tickets went on sale, which was a pretty penny, but you get a race, free clothes and an epic waterfront concert. Also, time with my man. I spent ALL of my tax refund on our plane tickets and Rob covered the race fees. I'm currently saving all my shop revenue for spending money and shopping. I got to use my hotel points on our hotel which was pretty awesome.

September we are hoping to make it to Memphis for my 25th birthday. I went when I was 9 and it's where I feel in love the jazz and the saxophone. It's something I want to share with Rob because the music scene there is incredible. Hoping to use hotel points as well and not break the bank on our Canada adventure.

All in all when I write out what we have planned, it doesn't matter that we haven't eaten out as much or bought new clothes. The memories we will have are going to be much more important. As my good friend James says, 'You never see a U-Haul following a hearse' 

So much to look forward to and it's helping me focus on all the time we have together and less about the time we will have apart.


No comments:

Post a Comment