indieandchichomeabout-meshopfriendsportfoliocontactphoto1photo2photo3photo4photo5

June 25, 2012

Indie & Chic's first show

Signing up for a show 14 days prior to the event was taking on a lot. But it was an impulse decision to just make myself do something I've been holding back on for years. I'm so shy about my shop in real life, I've just gotten to where I can talk about it with coworkers and people I meet. It just doesn't come naturally to talk about it, so signing up to sit behind my work for 6 hours put a knot in my stomach the instant I sent over the application form. 

I had none of display items down on the gulf with me, so my mom sent me a table cloth and my promotional items I had at the house. I picked up the shelf unit and the four milk glass dishes at an antique store for $50 total. Such a steal. I used vista print for the sign, I had a coupon for a free one, and Kara Haupt designed it for me. Everything else I made out of things I had on hand. 
The day of the event I wasn't too nervous, I was actually pretty excited. The event wasn't a craft or gift show so I didn't have much competition. People responded so well!! It made me want to do a million more shows. I hit my goal and made my money back, so I'd say it was a win. I learned so much and what I want to improve on for my next show. You gotta fall to fly.

Hello to all my new readers I met at the show. You all were amazing and so sweet. 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh it looks great! I'd love to do a show sometime. Maybe one day. :) Glad you made money! Love your sign & that table cloth!

    ReplyDelete