indieandchichomeabout-meshopfriendsportfoliocontactphoto1photo2photo3photo4photo5

March 14, 2012

Spin Class // The Basics

Before 2012, I had only heard of spin class. I knew it involved a stationary bike, but I wasn't very interested in finding out more. I was very intimidated by the classes that had been offered at the gyms I've belonged to. I would always see these tiny little machine people (complete with funny shoes) going in and out... and I didn't feel like I belonged.
January 2012... I stepped out of my comfort zone. I went to a Saturday morning class. I was so nervous. I had no idea what to do. I just sat on my bike... without adjusting anything. I literally was too embarrassed to ask the instructor for help. Then I started watching what others were doing to adjust their bikes. I fiddled with mine a little, but then the class started and I just went with it. That first class was SO fun. I know I wasn't adjusted right and my butt felted bruised... but I had FUN! Fun working out for 60 minutes. Fun burning 600+ calories. Fun trying something new.
Since then I've been addicted. When I was training for my half marathon I lived for my rest days from running so I could go to spin class... crazy I know. There was just something totally freeing about that bike, the music and being able to leave everything behind. The classes go by so quickly. Some days I just enjoy the class as break from my running, but other days I really push myself. I crank up the resistence and I pedal faster than I thought was possible. I love leaving a puddle of sweat underneath my bike. I love leaving behind everything that has been holding me down during the day. I love 60 minutes of "me" time. I love spin class.

**And my 2nd time I did have the courage to ask for help adjusting my bike**

No comments:

Post a Comment