indieandchichomeabout-meshopfriendsportfoliocontactphoto1photo2photo3photo4photo5

September 5, 2013

An Ode to 24

Twenty-four. What an amazing, fantastic, emotional, life changing year. It seems almost like blur, most good things do that. I have to say it's been the best year of my life. I feel like a really became an adult this year, I started making decisions on my own without worrying about others would think. I broke out of my own expectations and I know I'm much happier now.


- I quit my high-paying government job down on the gulf, I had lived in a hotel for over a year. I couldn't make a life for myself being in perpetual limbo.
- Rob asked me to marry him. I said 'Yes!' 
- Indie & Chic really took off till the beginning of 2013. It was such a learning experience and I made a lot of decisions about where I wanted the business to go. 
- I discovered Peach-Pear La Croix.
- Was finally reunited permanently with my dog Parker, and gained Rob's dog Molly!
- Moved all my possessions out of my mom's basement and into a house we began renting. Possibly the most liberating feeling to finally be able to plant my roots for the first time since High School. 
- Getting married in Pisa, Italy with our families. 
- Spending the most romantic week in Italy with my HUSBAND!
- Knowing that nannying full time was not my passion, but being an adult and sticking with my obligations. 
- Falling into married life so easily and wondering when it gets to the tough part.
- Celebrating our marriage with a huge crowd of friends and family. Dancing until they made us leave and driving myself home in my wedding dress. BEST. RECEPTION. EVER. 
- Discovering that in fact I am a good cook and being able to try new dishes. 
- Diving back into running and signing up for a half-marathon with Rob.
- SURPRISE! Finding out we were going to be parents about four months into marriage!
- We survived through the hardest summer of both our lives. 
- My car of 9 years was totaled and I really miss 'her'.
- In January we will have a little boy in our arms and I just don't think it could get any better than that. 
- And all of the little things that make life full : Taylor Swift dance parties, long walks in the neighborhood, pancake Saturdays, date nights, painting parties, IKEA trips and spending a whole year beside my very best friend. 

25, you have a lot to bring to the table, but somehow I know it's only going to get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment