indieandchichomeabout-meshopfriendsportfoliocontactphoto1photo2photo3photo4photo5

February 7, 2013

The First Step Is The Hardest.

I've heard it before, the first step is always the hardest. Especially getting back on the healthy wagon. My knee injury and the wedding planning have all taken it's toll on my fitness routine and our eating. I didn't really gain weight, but I don't have the tone I used to have pre-wedding. Weird how that works, but I'm determined to get back in my hardcore exercise addiction habits. However, taking that first step has been hard. All I've thought about is how much I use to be able to do or how fast I could run miles, and I'm far from that, it's been un-motivating.


Last weekend, a new friend asked me to join her for an Iron Tribe workout. I could have made a million excuses not to go, 9AM on a Saturday, the people there lift really impressive things, I'm a runner.... the list goes on. BUT I WENT. And it kicked my butt and I couldn't even wash my hair for 3 days (arms were SO sore), but it brought back that feeling. The feeling of not thinking you can do what you're doing, but then you do it and it feels amazing. I remembered how I was addicted to that feeling.


And so Sunday, I got up in the middle of the million things I had to get done and walked 4.5 miles with the dogs. It only took 71 minutes, which I probably would have wasted online, and I felt great. The rest of the week I've been making healthier decisions and actually craving the gym. I've been cooking great meals under 300 calories and I even made healthy cookies. It feels good to be back in the saddle. I had forgotten how great it feels, and all it took was agreeing to a workout with a friend. Accountability.


So thanks Ruthie for getting me out of bed last Saturday! I owe ya.


p.s. my new shoes came in and I love them. I spent a whole afternoon searching the internet for these sold out babies, AND finally found them for $50 (originally on ASOS for $125) STEAL!!!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Danielle, shoes are very cute. Get it girl!

    xoxo
    Lisa
    http://www.somethinginfinitelyinteresting.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need those sneakers, I <3 polka dots!

    I need to join you and get back on the healthy bandwagon. Thanks for sharing part of your day/routine!

    kendall from buttons & blossoms

    ReplyDelete