indieandchichomeabout-meshopfriendsportfoliocontactphoto1photo2photo3photo4photo5

June 5, 2012

Running Shoes // Nike Free Run+ 2

Lately I've had a lot of friends and a few readers asking my for advice on running shoes. I thought I'd share my responses with all of you in case any of you are curious.

I'm 100% a Nike fan. Hands down, their best shoe is the Nike Free Run+ 2 ... I've owned 4 pairs. Currently I have 3 pairs that I use on a weekly basis. Why have 3 pairs of the same shoes, let me explain.

My oldest pair are the ones I used to train for my half marathon... they were toast by the end of the race/training. I now use them for going to lift weights or spin classes.

The other two pairs I rotate. I'm new to this whole rotating process, maybe I'll explain that in another running post. Anyways, I alternate which ones I run in, in hopes of prolonging the life of my shoes.
To say I'm in love with Nike Free Runs is an understatement. I've had horrible knee troubles as a runner ... until I switched to this shoe. I never have shin splints anymore and my feet never hurt in these shoes. These shoes are a barefoot-style shoe, which means they provide minimal support, but are designed to be a more natural feel. I recommend ordering a half size up from what you normally wear in everyday shoes.

I'll leave you with some words from a friend that took my advice on switching shoes :) "thank you sooooo much for getting back to me so quick! Your suggestion is amazing and I absolutely bought a pair. Ran in them for the first time today and absolutely fell in love!! They are just as amazing as you made them out to be. So thanks pretty lady!" Sybil

**You can get the +2 versions a lot less at sites like 6pm.com, zappos.com and amazon.com. Nike.com currently only sells the 3, 4 and 5 versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment