indieandchichomeabout-meshopfriendsportfoliocontactphoto1photo2photo3photo4photo5

April 3, 2012

5 Things to Remember

I wanted to share with you my thoughts on 5 little things you should remember throughout your day and life. I can't stop thinking about them and how true they all are. Let me know which one is the hardest for you to remember.

1. Forgive everyone who's trying to ruin your life. Some days it just feels like people are just down right bad, and you've got a target on your back. You feel like no matter what you do, there is someone just trying to make your life worse. Take a step back. Letting them get to you will only make your situation worse, how much better would your day be if you just forgave them. The phrase kill them with kindness comes to mind.

2. Help others who are experiencing your same struggle. Honestly, this is hands down the best advice. Whether it be helping someone with a Chemistry assignment you don't quite understand or helping other kids who are going through a parents divorce, the act of helping someone is quite helpful for yourself as well. It almost allows you an outlet to process whats going on in your own life and gives you some perspective.

3. Be sure you've taken care of those closest to you. We are all guilty of taking things out on the ones we love the most. I do this myself with my mom. I can be having the worst day, and I will be nice to everyone and then just unload on my mom. Why do we do this? If anything it should be the opposite. Be kind to the ones that are actually there for us. Just something to remember when you've had a bad day, don't come home and ruin a loved ones day.

4. Realize there are some things you will never understand. If you get into the realms of the whys, it will destroy you. Why did my grandmother get this disease, it isn't fair. Why is nothing going right? Why did Bjorn have to die at 23. You can't change these things, all you can do is accept them and move forward. There isn't going to be a logically explanation for every event in your life and as soon as you can accept this statement the better.

5. Be human enough to acknowledge your need. We all hate to admit we need help. But we are the first to let someone else lean on us. Be strong enough to ask for help or for a friend to listen. Sometimes just telling someone what is going on is all it takes to feel better. 

And that my friends is what has been weighing on my mind. Just how to be a better person in general and not let life's setbacks blind me of all the good that is going on as well. I needed to share this. I've been struggling myself with some things and I thought this might be helpful to someone else (#2).

2 comments:

  1. This is a great reminder. #1 has been on my mind a lot in the last few weeks. Thanks for writing it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for posting this!! sometimes no matter how much you want to look at things differently you mind tends to play with you. that is why it's great hearing it from other people as a friendly reminder! this post hits the spot! it really made my day!!!

    ReplyDelete