indieandchichomeabout-meshopfriendsportfoliocontactphoto1photo2photo3photo4photo5

December 9, 2011

The Jingle Bell Run

Today I ran in the Jingle Bell Run. It benefits finding a cure for arthritis. I haven't been able to do the race since I was in high school so I was really excited to participate in it again :)
Runners and walkers tie bells on their shoes and some even wear Santa hats. So FUN!!! I'm not use to running in the cold so I was pretty nervous. I kinda felt like I might puke at the start. There were so many people. The start was up a hill... it was brutal. But I kept trucking and before I knew it I could see the finish line. I ran as fast as I could and then I looked up 27:09... are you serious!! Was so proud of myself. I haven't run in a race in 4 years.
We stayed around for the results and then I heard my name!! 3rd place in the 20-24 age group!! Ahhh. Cloud 9. And I got a trophy.
Have a wonderful Saturday. You can also follow my daily workouts over at the dailymile.com. Add me as a workout buddy! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment