indieandchichomeabout-meshopfriendsportfoliocontactphoto1photo2photo3photo4photo5

January 14, 2012

Healthy Eating // Round 1

One of my new goals for 2012 is to eat healthier, not diet. I want to learn how to cook my own vegetables and food so that I have more options than frozen dinners and sandwiches.

I'm pretty sure I'll be living in a hotel for at least six more months, so I decided it was time to make the best of having a kitchen and learn to cook. So I made a list and wandered around Whole Foods until my basket was full food I HAD to prepare.

I have absolutely no experience cooking at all. Annie's Mac and Cheese was about the extent of my cooking abilities. So I googled everything. "Stove top asparagus" "Stove top sweet potatoes" ... and this is the result :)
 I just sprayed a sauce pan with canola oil and let them cook for 6-7 minutes, added a little salt and then stuffed my face. It was amazing. I've had it two dinners in a row and is the perfect about of carbs for my nightly workout.

I've also been packing my lunch for work, since most everyone leaves to go eat lunch I just bring it with me... yes I'm that person that brings their own food to a restaurant... I have no shame. :) And that my friends is what is going on food wise in my life right now. I'll keep ya updated on more of my cooking adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment